James H. Pike
James H. Pike was raised in Dothan, Alabama. He received his bachelor of arts degree from Washington & Lee University in 1992 [Magna cum laude] and his juris doctor degree from Washington & Lee University School of Law in 1995 [magna cum laude]. In law school, Mr. Pike was a member of the editorial board of the Washington & Lee Law Review and was named to the Order of the Coif. Mr. Pike also served on the Washington & Lee Student Executive Committee, which administers the University’s Honor System.
Mr. Pike was admitted to practice law in Alabama in 1995. He is also admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Alabama, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Mr. Pike is a member of the Alabama State Bar, the American Bar Association, the Alabama Defense Lawyers Association, and the Defense Research Institute. Mr. Pike is designated as a Master Advocate by the National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA). Mr. Pike has achieved the Martindale-Hubbell Legal Directory’s highest rating - AV-Preeminent.
Mr. Pike serves as Vice-Chairman of the Houston County Republican Executive Committee and is a past Chairman of the Houston County Bar Association’s Grievance Committee.
Mr. Pike has argued before the Alabama Supreme Court, and was an invited speaker at the 2013 Alabama Attorney General’s Law Enforcement Summit.
Mr. Pike is certified as a law enforcement officer by the Alabama Peace Officers Standards and Training Commission. He received advanced training through the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center’s Police Legal Advisor Training Program. Mr. Pike has also attended numerous death investigation and forensic sciences training programs. These programs include the Death Investigation program at the Northwestern University Center for Public Safety, the Medicolegal Death Investigator program at the St. Louis University School of Medicine, and the Homicide Investigations, Criminal Investigations, and Crime Scene Investigations programs at the Institute for Police Technology and Management (IPTM) in Jacksonville, Florida. Mr. Pike currently serves as legal advisor to the Houston County Sheriff’s Office.
Mr. Pike’s primary areas of practice are insurance defense, governmental liability, employment practices and products liability. Mr. Pike’s aggressive litigation style frequently leads to favorable resolutions for his clients at early stages of litigation.
To contact attorney James H. Pike, call the office of Shealy, Crum & Pike today at 334.677.3000 or contact the office online to schedule an appointment. The firm offers free consultations to clients, as well as flexible night and weekend appointments by request.
- State Bar of Alabama, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama, 1995
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Alabama, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2011
- AV® Preeminent(TM) Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Order of the Coif, Washington & Lee University
- Student Executive Committee, Washington & Lee University
- Master Advocate, National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA)
- B.A. Washington & Lee University, Economics, magna cum laude, 1992
- J.D., Washington & Lee University, magna cum laude, 1995
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- American Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar
- Vice-Chairman of the Houston County Republican Committee
- Past Chairman of the Houston County Bar Association Grievance Committee
- Alabama Peace Officers Standards and Training Committee (Certified Alabama Peace Officer)